My favorite holiday has finally arrived!!
Inspiration this year??? Lady Gaga's meat dress…
Want to get the look too??? Here's how I did it:
Red Boy Shorts
4 yds. off white cotton gauze
Box of Scarlet Red RIT dye
1. Slightly moisten gauze then tie it into little knots and balls.
2. Pour dye into a bucket with warm water. You barely need any at all, perhaps an inch deep.
3. Dip tied gauze into bucket in various spots, DO NOT SATURATE fabric!
4. Rinse dye out of fabric after you are satisfied with dye spots. Once water runs clear out of dyed fabric, undo knots and hang to dry.
5. Take dry fabric and start cutting random pieces diagonally across fabric. Remember you want it to resemble meat. I tried to choose areas where there was always some white remaining with the red to give it the marbled look.
6. Start pinning pieces of fabric to corset. I made mine A-symmetrical, but place however you please.
7. Make sure to incorporate all sizes of fabric to give it that "meat drape" look. Also, scrunch it and fold it for more texture.
8. Hand stitch or sew pinned pieces to the corset. Be sure to pick up the corset and move it around to find the loose bits that need to be tacked down.
9. Save scraps to make hat and shoe covers!!
10. Finally, complete look with rhinestone jewelry and fishnet hose.
Here's a handy instructional video if you need more guidance:
FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!